Requisition Number: 13219
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Secret
Level of Experience: Entry Level
Come Join HII! Where Hard Stuff is Done Right!
HII-Mission Technologies is currently seeking an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) for our Annapolis Junction location. The position will report to the Facility Security Officer.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
• Assists FSO with development and administering of security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment.
• Studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations.
• Obtains rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies.
• Prepares manuals outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to restricted records and materials.
• Participates in security education classes and security audits.
• Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken. Submits outgoing personnel visit authorization requests.
• Manages clearance status and notifications in DISS, reviews and submits eQIPs and processes nomination packages for various agency customers.
Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Frequent use and general knowledge of industry security practices, techniques, and standards. General application of concepts, and principles.
• 0 years experience with Bachelors in related field or a High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
• Candidate must have a Secret level security clearance.
• Firm understanding of 32 CFR Part 117- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
• Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
• Experience with DISS
• Prior experience as an AFSO
Job performance will normally require only minor lifting and carrying of boxes of records or equipment.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII’s Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today’s connected, all-domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HII's domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit hii.com/capabilities/mission-technologies.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.