In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is hiring a Facility Security Officer/Contractor Special Security Officer (FSO/CSSO) based in Elkridge, MD and Annapolis Junction, MD. The FSO/CSSO is responsible for ensuring Parsons and all cleared employees are compliant with the National Industrial Security Program, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, JAFAN 6/0, as well as Intelligence Community Directives and Program Guidance (ICDs and ICPGs). The FSO/CSSO will manage, oversee, and actions on matters concerning national security compliance as it relates to the government agencies. The FSO/CSSO will also be responsible for the management of a MPO accredited SCIF. Strong program security experience with multiple customers is required to understand the complexities of each customer and their unique clearance processing protocols.
As the FSO/CSSO , you will manage all security aspects of classified government contract programs and daily security operations. Lead self-inspections and security education programs to confirm security compliance and work with partners to determine a mitigation strategy for any instances of non-compliance. You will work with internal and external customers
About The Role
- Oversee daily security operations and Intelligence Community Directive (ICDs) and NISP/NISPOM compliance for a secured facility
- Maintain the daily monitoring of the facilities National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) and ensuring the requirements of the NISPOM. You will ensure Intelligence Community Directives (ICD's) are implemented
- Responsible for maintaining security program compliance to include managing NISS facility profiles, submitting changed conditions packages, FCL Sponsorship packages, and responding to FCL packages
- Investigate and submit Security Violations and Incident Reports as needed by applicable government directives
- Prepare facility for required annual audits/vulnerability assessments conducted by multiple government agencies
- Ensure compliance with the NISPOM and other policies and directives to include relevant Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)
- Administer personnel security system for clearances and periodic reinvestigations through DISS/NISS and other customer methods
- Coordinate and conduct annual security education and training with the NISPOM, customer requirements, and company policy to ensure compliance with requirements
- Train and orient employees in security policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government and customer regulations
- Maintain a relationship with multiple DoD Agency Representative(s), DCSA Representative(s), prime contractor and subcontractor FSO’s and CSSO’s
- Maintain personnel security records and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within USG and PARSONS requirements
- Serve as COMSEC Manager for a secure facility
- Conduct secure equipment (e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections, and other COMSEC related support and oversight
- Administer an inventory and document control program to account for COMSEC equipment and materials
- Enforce compliance with COMSEC standards and related requirements, provide training and security education to personnel in COMSEC operating procedures and the use of related equipment
- Applies mitigation policies and procedures to minimize incidents
- Maintains data compliance in multiple DISS accounts
- 5 - 7+ years of experience as a CSSO/FSO within an active secured space
- Familiar with DISS and NISS updates
- Familiarity with SIMS security software
- Active and current in scope TS SCI w/polygraph security clearance
- Experience and ability to use industry programs such as DISS, NISS, Access Commander, and DIAS
- Experience working on a DCSA compliant Insider Threat programs
- Experience working with different IC Agency's
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Microsoft Teams (O365)
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to multi-task while handling competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience in writing and reviewing DD254's at all levels (from proposal to close out) to identify security requirements and then assure compliance
- Experience reviewing all security documents to include e-QIP, and IC security processing packages for accuracy and completeness
- eCPRL experience
- Completion of MPO CSSO course
- Non-Possessing Facility Security Officer Certification
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$92,200.00 - $161,400.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!About Us
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.