Job Description Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Join a dynamic and well versed security team that provides support across several Business Areas within BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems. The opportunity to be part of the security team, in one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, offers a motivated professional a unique entry point to work across a broad range of activities. BAE Systems is looking to hire a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) for programs executed out of the Electronic Systems, Merrimack, NH campus. The CPSO will work closely with security management and assigned program staff on all aspects of special program security.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret and enforce government and company security policies and provide direction and guidance to program personnel.
- Interface with program managers and maintain liaison with US Government Program Security Officers.
- Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD254's and security guidance.
- Develop and revise program level security plans, procedures and instructions.
- Provide classification guidance to employees, develop and provide security education and awareness training, conduct security briefings, lead security self-inspections and audits, and investigate security incidents.
Support to other security disciplines within the SAP program to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Assurance (IA), Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control. Candidate must be able to respond to after hour alarms on a rotational schedule.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the DoD SAP Manuals, ICDs and TEMPEST.
- Ability to apply the foregoing knowledge of government security requirements in a complex multi-level secure environment to ensure program compliance in non-routine situations.
- Ability to work independently to identify, assess & resolve unique security situations with innovative solutions geared to facilitate contract performance within the bounds of security requirements.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on clear and cogent presentation of complex information.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the DoD SAP Manuals & ICD series manuals.
- Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems, and provide focused solutions.
Must have a professional demeanor, good people skills, ability to communicate effectively, and be able to perform in a multi-tasked, dynamic environment.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Completion of SAP Orientation of SAP Mid-Level.
Top Secret clearance.
Bachelor's degreeAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.