At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Experienced Security Specialist to join the Government Security group located in Herndon, VA.
- Executes Internal Security Controls through performance of compliance assessment reviews and self inspections to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements.
- Identifies deficiencies, develops and implements corrective action.
- Conducts Administrative Inquiries on personnel, processes and situations in accordance with established operating procedures to determine level and scope of non-compliance with government and company regulations/requirements.
- Conducts Communication Security (COMSEC) duties and responsibilities (to include inventory, distribution and destruction), in compliance with government regulations/requirements. Protects government, intellectual, third party and company information from unauthorized disclosures. Develops, implements and administers an Operational Security program, security education, procedures and physical controls to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements on large and/or highly complex programs.
- Contributes to enterprise Integrated Product Team (IPT) (e.g., participates in the review cycle and decision making process for enterprise export compliance, procedures (PROs), Business Process Instructions (BPI's) and Desktop Instructions (DI's).
- Provides innovation and creativity into Personnel Security (e.g., reduce cycle time) to assist in obtaining individual security clearances/accesses for complex customer requirements.
- Provides innovation and creativity into security awareness training and education program (briefings, bulletins and visual reminders) to educate, refresh, and motivate personnel to protect people, property and information.
- Oversees Physical Security duties and responsibilities within Boeing facilities (e.g., complete fixed/closed facility checklists/survey areas, review and approve facility drawings for new or remodeled classified areas) to ensure compliance with company and government regulations/requirements.
- Completes tasks toward long-range goals and objectives. Oversees Sub-Contractor Management (e.g., providing contractual requirements and direction, site assistance visits and reviews) to ensure compliance with government regulations/requirements.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in NISP-related security programs
- Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Facilities Security Officer (FSO) certification
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Industrial Security experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years' related work experience, 19 years' related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: USD $131,750 - $178,250
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.