At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Senior Industrial Security Specialist to join the Government Security group located in Herndon, VA.
- Execute Internal Security Controls through performance of compliance assessment reviews and self-inspections to ensure adherence to government and company regulations/requirements, identify deficiencies and develop/implement corrective action
- Communicate results of assessments and inspections to security management and customers and track corrective actions to completion
- Conduct Administrative Inquiries on personnel, processes and situations in accordance with established operating procedures and communicate results to security management and customers
- Conduct Communication Security (COMSEC) duties and responsibilities (including inventory, distribution and destruction)
- Protect government, intellectual, third party and company information from unauthorized disclosures
- Develop, implement and administer an Operational Security program, security education, procedures and physical controls to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements
- Perform Personnel Security activities and execute processes to assist in obtaining individual security clearances/accesses
- Establish and implement a security awareness training and education program to educate, refresh, and motivate personnel to protect people, property and information
- Perform Physical Security duties and responsibilities within the Boeing Leesburg and Herndon facilities to ensure compliance with company and government regulations/requirements
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience as a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO)
- Experience supporting SCI programs
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active CI or FSP Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience writing requirements for program proposals
- Experience with SCIF/SAPF build outs and familiarity with ICD 705 requirements
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 8 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: USD $103,700 - $140,300
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.